Thursday, July 21, 2011

Milestones

We have reached some big milestones recently.  So let me document them here.
Emma has lost 4 teeth, all at once.  She had to have her bottom middle 4 teeth pulled b/c she had 2 permanent teeth coming in behind the baby teeth, not pushing out the baby teeth.  She did so good at the dentist.  We did not tell her ahead of time what might happen so as not to scare her.  We think we would have had a hard time getting her to go if she knew what might happen.  Fortunately, no pain involved in the procedure, guess those baby teeth do not have nerves.  She is okay now and wasn't too upset I didn't tell her ahead of time!  Also Emma has been taking swim lessons.  She would not get her head wet at the pool and was afraid to go underwater.  Until about a month ago.  All of sudden she was going underwater and picked up on swimming like a fish!  So we enrolled her in swim lessons.  She just finished her 2 week course and hopefully will go next year for the next level.  I have a ballet slipper on my keychain, so I told her now we need a flipper too! 
Matthew is getting bigger every day and really developing a personality all his own!  He is 2.5 years old and talking much better.  He is not talking as good as Emma did at his age, but he can get his point across and we are hearing longer and clearer sentences out of him!  He is braver than Emma and can do other things Emma didn't do at his age.  So every kid really is different!
I'm 32 weeks pregnant now.  Due date is 9/14/2011, but I think I am going to schedule a c-section for around 9/6/2011 if I don't go into labor before then.  My doc says he will do a c-section when I'm 39 weeks so I don't have to go past my due date waiting for labor to start.  I think I will go into labor before then though, but at least I will have an end in sight!  This pregnancy hasn't been too bad, varicose veins and short of breath have been my 2 biggest issues.  I've gained less weight so far and everyone says I'm all baby!  Let's hope I can lose the baby fat afterward quickly!
Well, there is my update.  Can't wait to update with baby picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment